We’re looking for a big-idea, original-thinking brand strategy role who can encourage clients (and internal account and creative teams) to strive for excellent strategic outputs, question assumptions, and reshape assignments into unique category-challenging propositions and sticky brand experiences. We’re looking for someone who can act as a catalyst to move brands forward and devise innovative ways to engage customers.
In this position, you will contribute to new business and ongoing strategic client engagements, developing a deep understanding of the client’s business environment, competitive landscape, brand goals, vision, and strategy. You will regularly lead the charge to identify compelling insights, customer needs, and market opportunities that create a competitive advantage and help drive business for our clients.
Being a strategist with Fingerpaint is different. Reset your expectations of a health and wellness agency. Independent by design and built on a foundation of empathy, Fingerpaint celebrates what you bring as both a professional and an individual. With talent across the United States and Europe launching and leading more than 200 brands, we are committed to creating and executing meaningful experiences. In 2021, Fingerpaint was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work and was awarded Agency of the Year by Med Ad News. Here, creativity happens naturally—we hire the best talent and give them a space to grow and collaborate.
What it takes
There’s no such thing as a typical day’s work in this infinitely varied and interesting role, but here are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Collaborate with/support brand strategy leads in the research, analysis, and strategic formulation that contribute to development of creative briefs and strategic initiatives
- Identify deep, real, and actionable insights about HCPs and patients and leverage them to help develop effective strategies
- Monitor and report category and competitor developments/activities for clients’ brands
- Track and report emerging cultural, technological, and sociological trends and participate in thought leadership initiatives
- Participate in, and help to facilitate, internal brainstorms and client-facing workshops
- Contribute to and lead internal strategic and tactical planning discussions contributing category, customer, competitor, and cultural knowledge and insights
- Assist with the design and development of client workshops, presentations, and working sessions to present market insights/opportunities, define brand and commercial strategies, and present strategic recommendations
- Participate in market research, shaping discussion guides, taking notes, and preparing research POVs
- Provide departmental support, such as helping with creating research stimulus materials, drafting awards submissions, and taking on ad hoc assignments
- Write, support, and present decks that weave information into memorable stories that stand out and motivate action
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred in behavioral sciences, business marketing, and/or advertising
- Must have 4+ years of brand strategy experience, delivering custom marketing solutions within a digital marketing, consulting, and/or advertising agency environment; at least 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated expertise for uncovering insights and knowledge of how to leverage it to achieve marketing objectives
- The ability to translate clients’ goals and objectives into actionable and measurable marketing recommendations
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude and a relentless passion for collaboration and innovative thinking
- Knowledge of marketing/advertising mix (nonpersonal, sales materials, interactive, and traditional)