Tableau Admin and Developer
Tableau Administrator and Developer
- Responsible for both administration and development of Tableau environments, providing ongoing support for users with the goal of expanding and optimizing the effective use of Tableau across different functional areas of our organization.
- Planning, analyzing, and creating visual solutions to data projects and other data management needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise with visualization development practice combining both technical knowledge and pharmaceutical managed markets knowledge while analyzing requirements and designs solutions for the projects and change requests.
- Identify the most effective way to get messages across in Tableau using color, type, illustration, graphics, and various layout techniques.
- Work with data engineers, data scientists, architects, and other teams to gather relevant information and perform responsibilities.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met
- Working with the internal and external clients to develop dashboards, visualizations and define metrics that provide actionable insight into the business.
- Creating SQL Queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets and assist in creating data extracts while performing deep data investigations and analysis.
- Performing quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client deliverables.
- Develop innovative analytics, driving performance improvement and root cause analysis of unexpected results.
- Be able to design reports connecting to disparate data sources such as relational databases (Snowflake), API connections, and flat files.
- Strong background in data visualization/analytics and statistics.
- Experience using data management and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, R, SAS, and/or Power BI to develop ETL processes, data models and interactive data visualization dashboards.
- Hands on experience with the latest version of Tableau Desktop (2021.1 v and above) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Tableau Prep Builder and Content Migration Tool.
- At least one year of BI development experience using SQL Server technologies (such as SSRS, SSIS).
- Familiarity with Big Data tools and technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive Etc.)-Preferred.
- Familiarity with big data warehouse development and management.
- Experience applying statistical analysis to large datasets with BI software desirable (Python Preferred).
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in standard data set.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, tools and techniques will be highly valued.
- Must be proficient with developing custom dashboards and reports in Tableau, configuring analytics platforms with a solid understanding of the standard software development.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the data visualization space.
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meeting and workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistent, high-quality outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline, or 2+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Prior experience or avid interest in the healthcare and life science industry.
- Good understanding of continuous integration, deployment and delivery automation processes is a plus.
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis to help predict product performance or to assist future decisions.
- Ability to develop actionable, intuitive, and meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Some project management experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Passionate about data maintenance, data quality control and all other important data analysis techniques.
- Adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge to the current solutions.
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage.