We’re looking for a big-idea, original-thinker, strategic account planner who can encourage clients (and internal account and creative teams) to improve strategic outputs, question assumptions and reshape assignments into unique category-challenging propositions to create brand experiences. We’re looking for someone who can act as a catalyst to move brands forward to and devise innovative ways to engage customers.
What we expect: proactive, curious thinker who acts as an agency expert on assigned products and therapeutic categories
• Independently handling and prioritizing the parallel work streams of multiple brands, ensures appropriate planning, partnership/delegation and execution
• Brings consistent inventiveness and creativity to deliverables and thinking
• Engaging and clear presentation skills
• Ability to supervise and mentor junior strategist
• Ability to build strong client relationships with day-to-day brand managers
• Has a clear understanding of the different methodologies and brings a level of expertise to research initiatives
• Ability to influence/inform research design and methodology
• Guides the development of discussion guide(s) to meet the needs of the project
• Ability to synthesize and articulate key research findings
• Maintains status as “highly-informed” strategic “go-to” on brand teams
• Proactively goes to teams with well-baked and articulated ways of leveraging research, trends and insights for deliverables new opportunities
• Leads the day-to-day strategic process on assigned brands and projects inclusing annual brand planning, key issue and strategy development, SWOT, etc.
• Capable of analyzing, interpreting, and distilling research and ongoing trends into customer, brand, category relevant insights, market landscape traits, brand barriers and opportunities
• Ability to distill customer insights into ideas that can drive meaningful creation of strategic and creative documents including positioning and manifesto
• Drive cross-functional development of relevant projects including message development, customer journey, etc.
• Begin to identify opportunities and rationale for workshops and working sessions
• Purposefully design workshops based on client/brand needs
• Able to act as co-lead facilitator of large client workshops; capable of running client working sessions/smaller workshops
• Clearly develop and articulate workshop and working sessions outputs geared towards next steps and organic growth opportunities for the agency
• Play a large role in shaping new business opportunities including research design and execution, development of strategic documents, and creation of slides
• Work with supervisor/lead strategy on overall pitch story