Here’s the abbreviated version…
Fingerpaint’s continued rapid growth has created an opening for our newly created VP of Accounting role! Reporting directly to the CFO, the VP of Accounting is responsible for all aspects of the monthly close process, the annual audit process, managing the accounting & payroll teams, purchase accounting for acquisitions, integration of acquisitions, treasury management, and tax compliance for our $200M+ organization. While the ideal candidate would reside within a reasonable driving distance of our Saratoga Springs, NY headquarters, we are open to remote situations for the ideal candidate.
- Overseeing & developing team of 10+ employees
- Overseeing the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flows.
- Overseeing the month-end financial close process, including account analysis, and related reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensuring all accounting reporting is in compliance with Company policies and United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Managing a scalable accounting team towards efficient and value-added processes, and interacting effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Leading the Company’s activities with external auditors.
- Overseeing payroll and related employment taxes, 401k, and other related benefits and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinating preparation and filing of annual tax returns with third-party tax preparer.
- Managing business insurance requests and renewals with broker, ensuring appropriate coverage for business size.
- Overseeing all banking relationships and treasury-related functions, including accounts payable function and cash flow management. Ensure the Company is compliant with all banking-related covenants.
- Creating and maintaining the Company’s internal control environment, including managing and implementing appropriate company internal control policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for purchase accounting and proforma reporting of acquisitions; experience with quality of earnings reports and opening balance sheet presentations required.
- Responsible for integration of acquisitions onto consistent tools/packages (including accounting system, payroll, banking, 401k program, health benefits, etc.)
What it takes:
- Ability to prepare, review, and analyze financial documents
- Effective management skills and demonstrated team leader
- Thorough knowledge of technical accounting procedures and GAAP
- Highly organized and detail-driven
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a private-equity backed environment a plus
- Willingness to jump in and assist with other financial tasks
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 8+ years of Accounting and Finance experience.
- CPA and audit experience, preferably at a Big 4 or similar accounting firm.
- Experience in a rapid growth environment strongly preferred, including merger and acquisition experience.
- Desire and ability to work in a “roll up sleeves” position within a fast-paced and growing company.
- Must be solutions oriented and passionate about problem solving and efficiency.
- Must be a clear communicator who is detail oriented.