We’re looking for a well-rounded senior media planner with 3+ years of experience across traditional and digital media channels for pharmaceutical/health & wellness clients.
This person will be responsible for tactical planning, campaign setup and management, and optimizations and reporting for assigned clients. They will manage relationships with publisher partners and lead internal campaign management and contribute to client discussions involving media recommendations and best practices. This unique opportunity at a full-service agency allows strategic thinkers to work inside the creative process to help shape the optimal campaign while ensuring media objectives are met.
- Responsible for mapping media objectives to tactical executions through planning, creative strategy, campaign management, and ongoing optimizations
- Keep abreast of the latest offerings in the pharmaceutical marketing and digital media space to advance clients, internal teams, and direct reports
- Conduct audience research using first- and third-party research tools to understand audience consumption habits and preferences, and leverage knowledge of the vendor landscape to identify channels and tactics that will reach and engage the target audience
- Owns the planning process, including development of cross-channel request for proposals (RFPs), evaluation proposals for completion, accuracy, and relevance, conducting rate and added-value negations to maximize efficiencies, and identification and client presentation of tactical recommendations
- Communicate the user experience/function, targeting parameters, and objective of a media tactic to internal teams to inform creative message
- Accountable for on-time deliverables, on-budget campaigns, and quality assurance of all ad placements in market
- Serves as main point of contact for media projects internally relating to plan development, asset development/launch, and ongoing ad hoc requests (beginning to serve as an escalation point for process issues)
- Oversees the work of an Associate Media Planner by owning status documents and deliverables, QAing nomenclature and trafficking request forms, ensuring pacing exercises are conducted, and maintaining financial documents
- Contributes to driving performance across campaigns by translating campaign metrics into actionable insights and optimizations
- Maintains strong relationship with publisher partners to help facilitate planning and buying process, and client and internal POVs
- Works with internal stakeholders, such as Account, Project Management, and Digital Strategy, to ensure processes are followed, including creative production, tracking and measurement, and financial inputs
- Minimum of 3+ years of media planning and buying experience within the pharmaceutical industry across HCP and DTC required
- Expert understanding of media buying and planning, including a strong knowledge of the vendor landscape for both traditional and digital and across tactics (eg, programmatic, endemic, EHR, point-of-care) to help develop consideration set for planning and new opportunities for clients
- Understands media principles, channel strategies, targeting nuances, and partners, and continues to learn and apply strategies
- Self-starter who can operate individually and as part of a larger team
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and manage multiple projects effectively to deliver high-quality work
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and specific industry tools and technology (eg, DCM)
- Experience leveraging third-party research (eg, Kantar) to inform media recommendations
- Advanced competency in media math, negotiations, publisher terms and conditions, and performance reports
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Fingerpaint is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.