MedThink is a full-service healthcare communications agency with a growing digital team supporting a wide variety of projects for our pharmaceutical clients. We are looking for a talented and motivated Director of Technology to lead our growing team. Responsible for managing development initiatives, technology integration services, DevOps, and data privacy initiatives, this position reports to the VP, Digital Strategy and sits within the agency’s Insights & Connections business unit. This team is comprised of media planners and buyers, digital analysts, research analysts, digital strategists, and developers.
This position leads the development team, ensuring the delivery of high-quality digital products, budget and timeline efficiency, and ongoing effective collaboration with other departments. They would liaise with client IT teams in discussions about web technologies, CRM software, and other third-party integrations. This person would assist in software/product ideation with both internal and external development teams. They would manage relationships with QA vendors, as well as identify new, valuable relationships to pursue. They have the opportunity to play a strategic role in new business workstreams, as well.
Almost equally as important as the technical skills required of this position, this person must have exceptional leadership skills, an ability to manage and mentor developers of varying levels, and work collaboratively with peers in other departments.
Our Uniqueness and Expectations of Future THINKERS…
Help Colleagues Do Their Best
Infuse Optimism and Fun
Keep an Open Mind
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Facilitates meetings, workshops, seminars, etc. for knowledge sharing and digital transformation
- Implements and manages a peer mentorship program within the development department
- Provides dynamic, responsive, collaborative and forward-thinking vision, leadership and management of technology systems and services to support the mission and goals of our clients
- Creates websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Creates well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Oversees digital projects, providing guidance on technical issues and assisting with scoping technical details
- Meets regularly with business stakeholders to understand and refine business and functional requirements and determine project scopes and specifications
- Leads cross-department collaboration between development and creative
- Ensures software stability via regression, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing to identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully
- Liases with third-party software companies, partner agencies, and other organizations as needed surrounding API support or various other integrations
- Identifies and investigates advanced technologies offering company significant technical and financial benefits
- Manages/maintains existing proprietary solutions and construct plans for archiving, etc.
- Manages cloud services accounts such as Amazon Web Services, DASH Hosting, and Azure.
- Creates servers or buys services as needed to support digital work or dev team needs
- Alerts Development, or accounts, or management about serious production issues that impact customer websites
- Manages DNS/domain purchases and services, including SSL certificates
- Owns and keeps under constant review all the agency’s data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralizing processes and putting in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary
- Partners with all key business areas, in particular the IT Security team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives
Talent & Knack
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- 5+ years of managing tech teams
- Experience with MONGOdb, Atlasdb, AWS, Azure
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Foundation, bootstrap, etc
- Experience in pharma and healthcare is preferred
- Ability to explain complex, technical topics to clients and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional leadership, communication and collaboration skills