The Vice President reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for a combination of strategic activities and tactical support for pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology products as well as business development efforts to procure new business for the organization.
In the consulting role, it is expected that the Vice President will address market issues related to the commercialization of products. This includes, but is not limited to, coverage, coding, and payment guidance, compliance support, and marketing direction. Additional responsibilities include executing against contracted project requirements, delivering client presentations, developing and maintaining relationships with third-party stakeholders, providing hands-on support for advisory meetings, and remaining up to date on health and compliance policy through market monitoring and related activities. Management of client engagements through direct support of day-to-day activities with an eye toward profitable project management is critical to success in this position. Developing and delivering reimbursement training for both external and internal audiences is also a requirement of the position.
In the business development role, the Vice President is responsible for the cultivation of new business and partnership opportunities for 1798. Relationship building, alliance management, and the promotion of company offerings through demonstrated subject-matter expertise to key personnel within target companies are at the core of this role. In conjunction with the identification and winning of new business, the Vice President will be responsible for developing and delivering work product against contracted project requirements for new projects the Vice President closes. It is expected that the Vice President may be assigned to be a Project Lead and would manage each project to budget and 1798’s target margin for all assigned new business brought into the organization.
Additional responsibilities of the Vice President include working with 1798 executive leadership to optimize strategic promotion of company offerings, leading and educating 1798 junior staff on the analysis and deliverable creation of client projects, and the presentation of final work product to clients and customers. It is expected that this position will require minimal supervision or support in the closing of new business and execution of the accompanying contract. Accurate forecasting of project requirements and the ability to develop a project execution plan to deliver on project requirements within budget are also necessary skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify new opportunities and new approaches to expand product offering and 1798 services within current client organizations; execute all aspects of securing said opportunities for 1798
- Develop and write project proposals, scopes of work, project addenda, etc.
- Maintain responsibility for client contracts and review of contracts by outside legal counsel
- Create complete business development strategy and business development plan for 1798
- Manage projects and provide guidance to project team on research and client-related issues
- Develop detailed project plans and manage the budget for each project to achieve profit targets
- Anticipate issues that may arise in the creation of client deliverables and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely, profitable delivery of quality products to the client
- Solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight
- Assure client satisfaction with project deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external customers
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or medical-device industry in functional roles such as Reimbursement and Market Access, Business Development, Compliance, Pricing and Contracting, or Health Economics and Outcomes Research or other related experience
- Strong understanding of federal (U.S.) payor environment, including areas of (1) approval, coverage, and reimbursement for both physician-administered and self-administered therapies and (2) health policy
- Detailed understanding of federal (U.S.) executive and legislative branch healthcare policy and payment rate-setting authorities, processes, and responsible parties
- Detailed understanding of statutes, regulations, and subregulatory policies related to access, compliance, sales, and marketing of healthcare products and services
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- Advanced degree in Health Policy, Business, or Law is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Fingerpaint is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.