1798 is a rapidly growing boutique healthcare advisory firm providing services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic industries, as well as other organizations in the life science industry such as private equity and venture capital. Leveraging a dynamic mix of experience coming from senior levels of major biopharmaceutical companies, 1798 offers market leading solutions to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations.
Founded in 2006, and located in La Jolla, California, 1798 is offering the opportunity to join a high growth company that is well positioned to capitalize on the increasing need for reimbursement and market access expertise in the commercialization of healthcare therapeutic products.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Project Management team, as well as the Operations team, and other company executives in the administration and management of projects and workstreams across the company. Functioning in a hybrid role, and drawing from a diverse range of skills, the Project Coordinator has an opportunity to make an individual impact as well as contribute to the success of the team as a whole. Attention to detail, time management, and thorough and professional follow-up skills are essential to success in this position.
Additional responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include vendor management, leadership in the areas of technology and digital platforms, and working with 1798 executive leadership to oversee the timely and under-budget execution of various internal development projects. It is expected that this position will require minimal supervision and will demonstrate the ability to anticipate issues across all areas of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist project managers with the development of detailed and realistic project plans
- Project manage internal and external special projects to ensure project outcomes meet with company objectives and project budgets
- Edit, proofread, and perform quality assurance / quality control checks on project proposals, statements of work, and other contractual agreements to conform with company style and grammar rules
- Establish and maintain official documents and records in the company document management system to ensure information access and collaboration across project teams
- Monitor and enforce adherence to company standard practices
- Procure new vendors and contractors, train and onboard them to conform with company processes and expectations
- Manage company website and other digital assets
- Oversee day to day IT support issues while minimizing vendor cost to provide services
- Manage administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, answering phones, etc.
- Anticipate issues that may arise in the course of assigned projects and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely and profitable project execution
- Solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight
Requirements and Experience
- Two years or more of experience in a client relations or project coordinator role with responsibility for vendor management and adherence to budgets
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical, medical device industries, or healthcare industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Risk identification and issue management
- Responsibility for profit & loss of discrete projects and successful execution over time
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- Competent with suite of Microsoft Office® products
- BS/BA four-year degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.