1798, LLC is a rapidly growing boutique healthcare advisory firm which provides consulting services to the life science industry. Leveraging a dynamic blend of experience coming from senior levels of major biopharmaceutical companies, 1798 offers market leading solutions to organizations ranging from start-up companies to Fortune 50 organizations. Our clients consist of a mix of biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic manufacturers, service providers such as reimbursement hub vendors and specialty pharmacies, as well as private equity and other life science investment-focused organizations.
1798 helps our clients to understand how the different pieces of our healthcare system fit together and how to optimize their place within it through minimizing the insurance, logistic and financial barriers to patient access. While the projects we do for clients vary depending on the size of the company and the stage of development of their product, at the core of each of our engagements is a focus on how the healthcare system creates incentives and barriers so as to inform proactive strategies for each unique client situation. Utilizing both quantitative and qualitative analytical approaches, the successful candidate will collaborate in the development and validation of strategies and tactics to optimize patient access to therapeutic products. Knowledge of the US reimbursement system, including federal payors, managed care, specialty pharmacy, pharmacy benefit management, and where and how to stay current on legislative, regulatory, and other policy trends within the industry form the foundation for project recommendations.
The Business Analyst reports to the one of the members of our senior team and is responsible for supporting the research, development, and project execution of client engagements as well as internal operations. The Business Analyst is required to collaborate with a project team to analyze client issues, research and validate potential solutions, and create deliverables that conform to 1798 standards for final work product. The Business Analyst must be capable of managing multiple tasks across a variety of functional needs with an emphasis on attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Research – Utilize targeted searches of the internet and other available sources to conduct primary and secondary research on topics of interest in the field of healthcare reimbursement and compliance
· Analysis - Evaluate the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops
· Validation – Collect and analyze the project’s business requirements and coordinate the assembly of the final deliverable with the team project manager.
· Accuracy – Utilize validated and up-to-date sources to confirm accuracy of the task requirements as assigned by the project lead.
· Communication – Communicate effectively through oral and written mediums with internal teams to deliver project’s project requirements.
· Team participation – Collaborate as part of a functional work team to execute against project requirements.
· Adaptability –Be flexible in work schedule as project duties require, and manage any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed upon deadlines.
· Information management – Maintain the security of sensitive company and client information at all times.
· Policy and procedures – Abide by 1798 policies and procedures at all times in the administration of job responsibilities.
· Other duties as required.
Requirements and Experience
· Undergraduate BA or BS degree required. Graduate MS, MA, PhD, or MBA degrees are preferred.
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
· Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
· Ability to make effective decisions under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
· Ability to think critically and analytically, to deliver recommended solutions to a problem.
· Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize work.
· Ability to work in a demanding environment as a member of a high performing, team-based organization.
· Attention to detail.
· Self-starter with strong ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Experience working with reimbursement, coverage, coding, and payment of therapeutic products in the healthcare system preferred.
· Experience working with billing and medical claims personnel in healthcare settings preferred.
· Medical policy and payer reimbursement experience preferred.
· Certified Billing Coder preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.