1798 is a rapidly growing boutique healthcare advisory firm providing services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic industries, as well as other organizations in the life science industry such as private equity and venture capital. Leveraging a dynamic mix of experience coming from senior levels of major biopharmaceutical companies, 1798 offers market leading solutions to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations.
Founded in 2006, and located in La Jolla, California, 1798 is offering the opportunity to join a high growth company that is well positioned to capitalize on the increasing need for reimbursement and market access expertise in the commercialization of healthcare therapeutic products.
The Studio Designer is responsible for creative planning and execution related to strategies and tactics the consultancy is developing in response to client needs for access, pricing, reimbursement and other communications challenges (information and materials in all formats and media) when a creative / agency perspective is deemed appropriate to enhance the 1798 work product for pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology clients, as well as business development efforts to procure and solidify new client relationships for the organization.
When creative insight and execution is needed, it is expected that the Studio Designer will work with other members of the creative team as well as directly with consultants and clients to deliver against articulated creative needs. This includes, defining the creative component and executing against contracted project requirements, creating client materials and presentations, developing and maintaining relationships with internal and freelance creative and production resources, providing hands-on support to determine creative work flow, and timing and cost impact by job including linkage to existing 1798 production processes. It also includes: keeping up-to-date on current healthcare communications practices, capabilities and standards, as well as applicable compliance policy and client communications standards and requirements.
Accurate forecasting of project requirements and the ability to develop project execution plans that deliver the project requirements within budget are also necessary skills. Day-to-day management of client projects going through the creative process with an eye toward quality, cost and time is critical to success in this position.
It is expected that this position will be collaborative with senior consultants but require minimal supervision or support in the execution of creative workstreams.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with other creative resources and consulting staff
· Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
· Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
· Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
· Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
· Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers where applicable and provide appropriate directions to inform efficient execution
· Present completed ideas to clients / team members
· Manage projects and provide guidance to project team on work-in-progress and other client-related creative issues
· Develop detailed project plans and manage the budget for each project to achieve profit targets
· Anticipate issues that may arise in the creation of client deliverables and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely, profitable delivery of quality products to the client
· Assure client satisfaction with project deliverables
· Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external customers
· Solve problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight, keeping the entire 1798 team appraised of issues and solutions as / when needed
Requirements and experience
· Proven working experience as Studio Designer
· Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
· Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint or other visual design and wire-framing tools
· Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
· Management of resources needed for concepting, design, studio, copywriting, editing, release-ready materials and production
· Experience working in the pharmaceutical, medical device industries, or healthcare industries is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
· Risk identification and issue management
· Responsibility for profit & loss of discrete projects and successful execution over time
· Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
· Competent with suite of Microsoft Office® products
· BS/BA four-year degree
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.