Fingerpaint continues to experience phenomenal growth with the addition of our New Jersey office, acquisition of payer marketing consultancy 1798, launch of gene and cell therapy consultancy Photo 51, and launch of our Shift Performance Centers of Excellence. With each of these additions, there lies untapped opportunities to drive organic and new business revenue.
We are seeking a marketing communications and business development professional to lead the integration of industry connections, agency capabilities, and thought leadership content to drive new business opportunities. This individual will work directly with our chief marketing officer and marketing team to support all of our offices in the identification and generation of organic and new business opportunities.
To excel in this role, this individual should have experience in the pharmaceutical industry, have participated in new business pitches in either an account or strategic role, be interested in building strategic/creative expertise, have a hunger to chase and close new business, and enjoy growing teams and winning.
What it takes:
- Data acumen
- Research and report on trends in health, wellness, and scientific discovery to identify new markets and brands to explore; leverage available resources, including Data Monitor, BioMed Tracker, Stat, etc
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, and campaign results in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team
- Strategic new business mind-set
- Plan and oversee corporate marketing initiatives intended to drive organic and new business opportunities, through:
- Passive (RFPs coming in) and proactive (procurement outreach) new business workstreams
- Cross-selling capabilities with current clients between Fingerpaint, SHIFT, media, 1798, and Photo 51
- Organic growth opportunities within current client pipelines
- Strategic priority prospect/therapeutic category identification
- Relationship builder
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with potential clients and procurement teams as appropriate via e-mail, phone, and in person
- Evaluate incoming new business opportunities and work with chief marketing officer and leadership team to drive strategic business development plan and outreach
- Creative/strategic story-teller
- Work with marketing team and creative teams to create and maintain business development core materials, including capabilities, case studies, client references, etc, across all offices, 1798, Photo 51, and SHIFT Performance
- Enthusiastic mentor and team builder
- Manage, lead, and mentor corporate marketing team across thought leadership, marketing, and business development functions
What it requires:
- Proven track record of mentoring and managing people; assume 3 to 5 direct reports
- A self-starter with an ability to work well in a flexible, dynamic, and entrepreneurial work environment
- Strategic thinker with business development acumen and strong networking skills
- Ability to build productive relationships up and down an organization
- A natural born communicator and story-teller with demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of professional experience in account service or strategy in the pharma/healthcare industry; strong project management and organizational skills
All Fingerpainters are currently working safely from their homes but we look forward to the day when we can all be back together in our offices. If you have any specific questions on working remotely now or in the future, please feel free to drop us a line in your application.