Summer 2020 Creative Design Intern
Cedar Knolls, NJ
Every summer, Fingerpaint invites motivated college students with a specific interest in pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing to apply for an internship, offering a hands-on opportunity to work alongside our team to produce great client solutions.
As an intern at Fingerpaint, you’ll be fully immersed in the Fingerpaint culture for 10 weeks for 30 hours per week. You’ll be working with industry experts who have first-hand knowledge of the industry. You will not only have a chance to touch client work as part of your role, but you will also work on a group project of your own with our other interns. We’ll team you up with a local nonprofit organization as your client, and you and our intern team will own a marketing project tailored specifically for that organization’s needs. It’s a hands-on experience that’s a win-win for all involved: They walk away with a pro-bono project, and you walk away with real-world client experience to enhance your resume. And as an added bonus, it’s a great way for you to contribute to Fingerpaint’s passion for giving back to the community. This internship gives exposure to a uniquely collaborative environment with varied areas of expertise.
What does the creative team do? The creative team collaborates, concepts, and executes ideas for compelling and memorable work for clients, brands, and philanthropic initiatives. They work with all departments to create unexpected, memorable, and on-brand visual solutions.
Overview of the creative design internship:
- Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Make sure to submit a link to your portfolio or submit samples of your work in order to be considered
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid understanding of graphic design principles and practices, formats, typography, and layout
- Must demonstrate willingness to collaborate across agency departments, including project management, strategy, and account services
- Understand basics of strategic story for brands
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Lead graphic designer for your office’s intern project
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to check their shyness at the door. They have specific interest and experience in a graphic design role. They are creative, self-motivated, and hard-working.
Our internship program is highly competitive with a limited number of paid spots (summer only). For-credit opportunities may also be available during other semesters.