Summer 2020 Development Intern
Every summer, Fingerpaint invites motivated college students with a specific interest in pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing to apply for an internship, offering a hands-on opportunity to work alongside our team to produce great client solutions.
As an intern at Fingerpaint, you’ll be fully immersed in the Fingerpaint culture for 10 weeks for 30 hours per week. You’ll be working with industry experts who have first-hand knowledge of the industry. You will not only have a chance to touch client work as part of your role, but you will also work on a group project of your own with our other interns. We’ll team you up with a local nonprofit organization as your client, and you and our intern team will own a marketing project tailored specifically for that organization’s needs. It’s a hands-on experience that’s a win-win for all involved: They walk away with a pro-bono project, and you walk away with real-world client experience to enhance your resume. And as an added bonus, it’s a great way for you to contribute to Fingerpaint’s passion for giving back to the community. This internship gives exposure to a uniquely collaborative environment with varied areas of expertise.
What does the development team do? The development team develops technical solutions across web, mobile, IoT, and messaging platforms. They champion best practices in UX, UI, software development, and quality assurance, and they collaborate across disciplines to ensure technical solutions support brand objectives.
Overview of the development internship:
- Working knowledge of information architecture and UX/UI fundamentals
- Familiarity with macOS or Linux as well as other technological devices
- Working on projects that may include reviewing and editing functional requirements, writing test plans, and testing websites, apps, banners, and emails across many browsers and devices
- You may also help with Google Analytics, Wistia, Marketo, and Localytics integration documentation and testing, SEO review, and marketing automation testing
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of software development a plus
- Lead developer for your office’s intern project
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to check their shyness at the door. They have specific interest and experience in a development, UX/UI role. They have a background in computer technology, and they’re able to work independently and learn on the fly.
Our internship program is highly competitive with a limited number of paid spots (summer only). For-credit opportunities may also be available during other semesters.