Senior Brand Planner
Cedar Knolls, NJ
We’re looking for a big-idea, original-thinking, strategic planner who will partner with our clients and internal colleagues to create brand experiences across a product lifecycle. We’re looking for someone who can act as a catalyst to devise innovative ways to assess and plan for important market events, energize brand teams, and drive better engagement with customers.
In this position you will lead and contribute to new business and ongoing strategic client engagements, developing a deep understanding of the client’s business environment, competitive landscape, brand goals, vision, and strategy. You will regularly lead the charge to identify compelling insights, customer needs, and market opportunities that create a competitive advantage and help drive business for our clients.
- Strategist: Fulfill job responsibilities including leadership in key strategic initiatives (brand positioning, business and competitive assessment analysis, customer insight generation, brand personality development, creative brief writing, etc)
- Creative innovator: Manage the generation and quality of the creative brief and briefing process/evolution and oversee and inspire big thinking across a wide range of strategic opportunities, from launch planning to the evolution of long-standing platforms
- Team builder: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (both internal and external agencies) to ensure alignment in the development and presentation of integrated and innovative strategic marketing solutions
- Analyst: Define key performance indicators to support brand strategy and objectives, conduct analysis to determine program ROI, help create and inform metric reports and dashboards, and make recommendations based on learnings
- Communicator: Produce clear and concise written documents (proposals, strategic rationales, point-of-view statements, case studies, discussion guides, etc) that deliver new thinking, impact new business, and educate clients and internal teams
- Trend watcher: Stay up-to-date with current trends and innovation in integrated communication strategies (media, digital, research, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Must have 3 to 5 years of experience delivering custom marketing solutions within a digital marketing, consulting, and/or advertising agency environment; at least 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude and a relentless passion for collaboration and innovation
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering insights and knowledge of how to leverage them to achieve marketing objectives
- Ability to translate clients’ goals and objectives into actionable and measurable marketing recommendations