Senior Public Relations Account Manager
Fingerpaint is seeking a senior public relations professional to join its team in the Phoenix office. The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B and B2C media relations in multiple industries, including pharmaceutical, health and wellness, and technology, and will be adept at thinking strategically and acting tactically.
The role will require being a confident client advisor and advocate who can produce thoughtful strategic plans and manage multiple national and regional accounts, contribute to new business development, and lead a team of talented PR practitioners. In addition to being a strong writer and media relations pro, the ideal candidate also will work collaboratively with social media and video storytelling team members to develop and oversee integrated campaigns, have excellent presentation skills, provide outstanding client service, and be able to manage accounts to profitability.
What it takes:
- Manages client relationships for assigned accounts.
- Supervises and manages a group of practitioners to ensure most cost-effective and efficient service for client and firm in meeting client and agency expectations.
- Provides senior-level professional counsel to clients and company personnel.
- Supervises the preparation of effective comprehensive public relations and content marketing programs and plans that are well-organized and well-written, with detailed time and dollar budgets that are appropriate to client needs and reasonable with regard to resource utilization.
- Ensures efficient execution of plans.
- Oversees crisis and issues management opportunities.
- Ensures good rapport is maintained between client service teams and that service is performed according to agency standards.
- Ensures that the group works cooperatively and effectively and that all personnel assigned to the group understand and adhere to agency standards.
- Performs personnel evaluation of employees assigned to the group and makes recommendations for changes in individual rewards and responsibilities.
- Assists with training and counseling of group personnel including monitoring individual career development; recommends training or educational programs for team members; and provides in-service training and development.
- Assists management and account managers with planning and operations; ensures quality of service from support staff and vendors.
- Ensures conference, time, and expense reports are properly completed in a timely manner.
- Continuously seeks to improve professional knowledge and creative skills.
- Demonstrates effective knowledge of print, electronic, and online media, particularly those that impact client activities.
- Writes effectively for various media as required.
- Identifies and secures new business opportunities.
- Represents agency at community events and meetings (when appropriate).
- Ensures personal compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, or a related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in agency public relations or a similarly fast-paced environment.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare, wellness, and technology industries.
- Skilled in program development and execution of PR and content marketing strategies.
- Proven track record of successful media relations coverage and experience in pitching business and consumer stories to various media outlets, including bloggers and citizen journalists.
- Strong writing and editing skills with background in AP Style and experience in current communication genres.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Significant experience with social media and other online platforms and their strategic use for audience engagement.
- Understanding of online analytics and ability to shift programs as necessary.
Participates with agency leadership team in developing proposals for new business opportunities.