We’re looking for a copywriter who has experience across all media: traditional, digital, video, and whatever the next big thing happens to be. First and foremost, you uncover the real reason you’re writing something—you know when the idea is right. You know that great copy is a tone poem, and you romance the language until it has just the right rhythm and resonance. It must be said that you can also put your head down and get the job done. This role requires strong presentation skills and an imagination you can’t quite turn off. You play well with others and don’t run with scissors. Despite being very buttoned-up, you’re pretty easygoing and people retell your jokes.
What it takes:
- Knowing what a great concept is when you create one
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and collaboratively
- Superior attention to detail; practiced use of a fine-tooth comb
- Natural curiosity about science and medicine
- Ability to work on multiple brands in varying disease categories
- Expertise in writing in multiple voices and styles
- Presentations that are as clear as your prose
- Knowledge of web and interactive content development/writing
- Graceful handling of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness that laughter really is the best medicine
- The ability to manage and collaborate with other writers through both on-site and remote freelance support
- 5+ years of healthcare agency experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or communications
All candidates must send a resume and URL with a portfolio of conceptual and produced work for consideration.